Pages

The Twenty Eight Sun of Brotemburgh

Oh my Biki, last night was something. That Fan Stalker boy attacked me!!
~%!!
Can you believe that!?
~%Whyyyyyy?*
I don't know, I looked up to see where he was and next thing I knew his hand was over my mouth and he was behind me trying to pick me up! I was so terrified I couldn't think, I tried to sing some sort of release enchantment or throw or something but I couldn't get anything out since his hand was covering my mouth. I thought for sure I was a goner!
~%wwhhhhaaaat hapeeneeeeed?%
Well we weren't too far from the stables, so luckily Moss saw it all and ran for Gordon. That Cogger gave him a good "one two" and the stalker ran off. That's kind of the thing about mages... They are so used to spells and enchantments in battle, most of them don't know what to do when someone throws a punch.
~%you owwwee Gordoooon*%~
I know, I ran and told Stathama right away! He wasn't too pleased that I had noticed this guy following me for a while and never mentioned it to the guards. But I explained I thought he was just a fan, and who was I to stop him from his dreams of being in the same room as the one he adores. I think Stathama thought I was joking.
~% I wish youuuu werreeee*
But Stathama is having a feast in Gordon's honor tonight for saving the Empress.
~ anyyy worrrrd on the heeeaaring?%~
Oh, well Stathama and I had a long talk while he was resting from his journeys. I guess they explained all my misdemeanors to him, and he asked me what was I thinking. And I was all "Well the first one, the hoof, I was like trying to make this totally awesome last Brotemberghevus present for you. And it would have totally worked had Gordon not distracted me." and he was all "I see"
And then I said the second one I was just really trying to make up for the Fellix.
~whhhaaat happened to the Felliiiiiiix?%~
Oh we had to let him go, he almost killed two of our soldiers.
~ ~ ~ ~
But you know every Emporer Arch Mage has a magic companion by their 3rd Julian. I was hoping it could be the Fellix, but I obviously messed up. And I could admit that, they really should label bodies on battlefields. I found his fathers shield, and thought the ashes above were his fathers, how was I supposed to know the enemy grabbed his shield after his death for protection. And all he said again was "I see".
So then I explained that after that all I wanted to do was free the little moss creature. It wasn't it's fault I messed up, and they would just kill it. I couldn't allow that, it was just a baby, and the other creatures all just looked so sad. I thought I was doing the right thing. Just because their mages and trainers messed up and abused their powers in the creation or training of these creatures doesn't mean the creatures should be punished for it. It is the mage's and trainer's fault and they should receive the punishment. Not the poor creatures whose only crime is existing, or doing as they are told.
~ ~ annnddd?
And Stathama smirked and said "I see"
~ ~ ~?
I don't know what that means either. I only wanted to make Stathama happy, he has done so much for the people, and me! And I just wanted to show him that I knew that.
I mean, I don't always show my appreciation. I know I get caught up in the gifts and shiny things and I don't always say, thank you. That's all I wanted to do, say thank you. But I just messed that up too.
~ %diiiiiidd you saaaay thaat to hiiiimm?~
No. He wouldn't understand.
~ I seeeeee%
Ah! Not you too Biki! What does that mean!!? Well I have to go Biki, the servants are setting the hall up for Gordon's dinner tonight, and I think I am going to try and help them. They have no sense of style when it comes to linen selections! Bye Biki!!

No comments:

Post a Comment